Friday, March 29, 2013

Speedy

Speedy:
Blah. I'm beat. Mostly from yesterday's bike ride but partly because of today's speedy pace. I'm glad I had the speed but I learned that I can't sustain it for as long as I want and I can't outrun the problems in my head. Guess I need to train harder.

Overall, the run as fairly unexciting. Sounding like a broken record there. So it was partly exciting. How's that. Partly. I went out with a t-shirt and long sleeve shirt and I was able to strip off the long sleeve at the mid-way point. I also stripped off my buff with about half a mile left to go. I was getting hot. Feels like spring is here. For a week. Then it'll be blazing hot and humid before I know it.

Weather:
Temps were about 50F to 55F with a light wind. Sun came and went with mostly cloudy skies.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was 6 waffles and an iced coffee. This was a lunch run and my only fuel was a Hammer Gel right before I left. During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was hammer Recoverite (testing out their Vanilla flavor - so far it's okay).

Aches and Pains:
Have an odd pain in my left knee. It's behind the knee but towards the inside of my leg. Very close to where my knees hurt from yesterday's bike ride. My quads were also feeling pretty trashed, especially on the downhills, which I'm also chalking up to yesterday's bike ride. Outside of that, everything was fine.

Gear:
T-Star shorts, two shirts, my buff, and my phone. I'll start testing new products next month as I begin to roll into a new experiment.

Splits:
Outbound - 20:32
Inbound - 19:44
Finish - 40:17 (my third fastest for this route)

No comments: