Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Soft Fuzzy Blanket

Soft Fuzzy Blanket:
I was nearly done in this morning by a soft, fuzzy, warm blanket. After strapping the kids in the car and kissing everyone goodbye, I came back in the house to watch the news. Since it was a bit chilly in my shorts, I put a blanket on my legs. And damn near fell asleep. But my coffee was keeping me awake so I managed to get dressed and get out the door. Even if it was an hour later than I wanted.

The run was fairly uneventful. I actually completed a planned workout so a big "woohoo" to me. Outside of that, the trail was wet, there were two downed trees, and I saw lots of squirrels. See? Told you it was exciting.

Photos:





Weather:
Temps were about 40F. Air was humid from yesterday's rain and snow. No wind. Sky was overcast.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Had an odd pain in my foot for a quarter mile but it went away. I think I twisted something funny but it worked itself out.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal shirt, long sleeve shirt, hat, and gloves. Also took my hydration pack but didn't put water in there, just my spare bottle. Also took my GoPro for pictures.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 11:49
Mile 2 - 12:37 (includes pee break)
Mile 3 - 12:45
Mile 4 - 12:54 (includes bottle switch)
Mile 5 - 11:51
Mile 6 - 12:07
Finish - 1:14:06

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Funny. Before I even read this post, I posted mine today called "comfy." It sure looks beautiful out there!