Sunday, September 04, 2016

Clawing My Way Back

Skipped yesterday's planned run and instead did it today. Plus an extra mile. Not because I'm looking for extra credit but just because I was in the mood to push myself a little more. This morning I saw Mrs. Brown walking her dog. Mrs. Carle walking Biscuit. The mystery woman walking her chocolate lab. Mr. Brady walking his dog. And my dad. So after I finished my 3 loops, I caught up to my dad and did another at a walking pace. So all in, 6 miles.

Photos:
It was hard to avoid a Carpe Diem joke.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Sky was overcast. Wind was light. Humidity was moderate.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had some coffee before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was two eggs, yogurt, a slice of bread, and more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
Actually felt like running today. And once I was out there, the weather felt awesome so I wanted more. And after 3 or 4 miles, I was feeling even better and wanted even more.

Naughty Neil:
I avoided cake today. And ate fish tacos for lunch. And tried to do better with food. Still not great though. But better.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 17:35
Loop 2 - 17:45
Loop 3 - 17:09
Loop 4 - 26:20
Finish - 1:18:52

No comments: