Thursday, June 19, 2014

Heart Rate Heat Stroke

Talk about a shock to the system. It's freaking hot and humid out there. I know, I know, I bitch about it every summer but woof. And every time I think about moving to someplace nice and cool in the summer, I realize that those same places get a shit-ton of snow in the winter and I don't like snow either. So I guess I'm just stuck and have to deal.

So today I dealt. And dealt myself a losing hand. Well, mostly a losing hand. I at least got a few miles in and even though I didn't meet my planned mileage, I'm happy the bed didn't win this morning. It almost did and even managed to suck me in for a good 30 minutes more than it should have. But I resisted the urge to stay there and crawled out of bed, made some lunches, and left for my run.

Even though I could have pressed on and stayed out there longer to get more miles in, I knew my time was limited and the heat/humidity really sucked the life out of me. So I cut things shortish and got what I could get. Better than nothing. Even though the thought of sleeping sounds so much better.


Photo:

My favorite sign.



Vine:
https://vine.co/v/MTqKFjTK9Od

Weather:
Temps were 80F to 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out. Light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Just cold water during the run. Recovery was an iced latte and a breakfast burrito.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt during the run but my legs felt like rubber about 3 miles in. Had to dial the pace way back since I could feel my body temp rising.

Gear:
No special gear.

Heart Rate:
It took all of 3 minutes to reach Zone 3. With a mile left, It took 5 minutes of walking just to get back to Zone 1 and even that was difficult. But I tried to stay in Zone 2 as much as I could.

Splits:
Outbound - 24:44 (AVG HR 144)
Inbound - 26:12 (AVG HR 154)
Finish - 50:56
AVG HR - 149
MAX HR - 176
MIN HR - 88
RHR - Forgot to measure
Weight - 222.4 (before breakfast and after the run)

No comments: