Monday, March 25, 2013

Virgin Road

Virgin Road:
Nothing too exciting about today's run. Except that I actually went out and ran. That's pretty darn exciting. My motivation levels are  pretty shitty right now so the fact that I'm even getting out of bed and out the door is impressive. Anyway, outside of making it out the door, we also have some pretty new yellow lines on our road. That's right. Us rednecks get excited when the state adds yellow lines to our road. Mainly because our road is too damn narrow for yellow lines.

So aside from the yellow lines, I also got the chance to see the state working on some of the back roads leveling them out. Which means I got to run on some virgin gravel for a mile or two. Nothing too exciting about that but hey, it was entertainment.

Photos:
This is what virgin gravel looks like. Although, technically not virgin since the Game Warden drove down it about 2 minutes before I took my picture.
 


Weather:
Temps were about 35F to 40F. Wind was light. Sun was out with only a few light clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was two hash browns, a burrito, and an iced coffee. During the run I had just one bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was Hammer Soy followed by Hammer Recoverite and some Belvita cracker/cookie/biscuits.

Aches and Pains:
I was dorking around with my stride so my shins, knees, and calves would complain occasionally. Outside of that, things were fine.

Gear:
Wore T-Star shorts under regular shorts. Wore a thermal top, t-shirt, winter hat, and gloves. Also took my phone for photos and GPS.

Splits:
Outbound - 22:13
Inbound - 22:47
Finish - 45:00

No comments: