Tuesday, February 12, 2008

No Gym Today

I wanted to, but wanted to relax a bit at work. Seems like a rash of illness is going around work and that means those well enough to make it, get to pick up the extra slack. And it's tax season. Not a good combination.

But, if it makes me (or you) feel any better, I was inspired enough to write some of my story. Nothing fancy, clearly a rough draft, but it actually follows my outline, which is something new for me. Both the outline and following it. So, we'll see how it turns out. I'm looking to keep it a short story and non-fantasy. More crime or suspense. A bit odd, but the idea came and well, I have to get it out now before I crowd out everything else I need to keep in there.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I know what you mean about tax season. But that's what keeps us employed! Did you get a chance to get out and vote today?

Jared

Neil Richard said...

Yep, I had just enough spare time in the morning to hit the polls before work. I'll try to go again next week to vote in the special election, assuming I can figure out who I need to vote for.

And yes, taxes keep us employed. And despite the heavy workload, I would hate a flat tax and simplified forms.