Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Ooomph

Ooomph. I had none. At least not this morning. I had everything all planned out and ready to go and then totally bailed before I even got halfway through. No idea why but I just needed to call it quits. So instead of the full 1:15 on the plan, I barely reached 30 minutes. Not how I wanted to start my week but at least I got out of bed this morning. It was a real struggle to break the gravitational hold it had on my fat rear end but my wife helped. A half-naked woman giving you a kiss and a smack on the head will certainly get you moving in the morning. Especially when you know that more smacks will be coming if you don't move smartly.

The run itself was fairly uneventful. Had plenty of cars on the road now that school is back in session. Got plenty of friendly waves. Outside of that, it was boring.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out. Light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was half an iced coffee and yogurt. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was an iced latte and oatmeal.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt. Legs felt a little tight, but nothing major.

Gear:
Wore my new heart rate monitor and watch. I don't have a name for it yet. One didn't come to me while I ran so I guess I'll just have to think of one while I write this. I think DATA will work just fine. It has lots of bells and whistles, I'm watching Star Trek: The Next Generation, and it gives me extra data that I didn't have before. Seems fitting.

Experiment:
Carried my cell phone in STRETCH and my small pepper spray. Both were just fine.

Splits:
Outbound - 13:36
Inbound - 12:15
Finish - 25:52
AVG HR - 141
Peak HR - 161
Min HR - 106

No comments: