Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oops, forgot to publish one!

Coach gave me a free run today. I say "gave" because it felt like a gift. A reminder to go out and enjoy myself. The spider webs and horse flies did their best to keep things angry but I managed to avoid a huge spider and even killed three horse flies. So I guess I had it coming.

Anyway, things went okay. I wanted to go faster but I knew I needed to do just what Coach told me and dial things back a bit and have fun. So no HRM and even though I wore a watch, I didn't use it as a time keeper. Instead I started RunKeeper on my phone then tucked it away to ignore it. I checked it halfway through and then again near the end. I wanted to keep things close to the 1:05 in the plan but didn't want to pay attention to how far I went. And I'm glad I didn't. I was a bit depressed when I saw I barely went three miles. Way slower than I wanted but I feel like I accomplished what was in the plan. I recorded a podcast, took some pictures, and posted a Vine. And took plenty of walking breaks. And a few stopping breaks to kill horse flies. And a few stopping breaks to wipe the spiderwebs off my face. So all in all, not too bad of a workout.

The shape of the beach always changes.

This was the massive spider I avoided (thankfully). I'm sure I'll have nightmares about it tonight. Hard to tell, but it was easily the size of a quarter.

Temps were about 80F to 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out but the sky was mostly cloudy. There was a breeze but I only felt it on the river bank.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt with granola and some iced coffee. During the run I had just water. Recovery was a breakfast sandwich and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt but my back is a bit tight. I think I've been sitting too much at work. Some foam rolling should held that.

Took my hydration pack today to give the hands a rest. This means I also took along some toilet paper, Body Glide, and chap stick. Also took my voice recorder. Aside from that, nothing else special.

Took my knife and cell phone. Both rode easily in the hydration pack without any issues.

Finish - 55:27

No comments: