Thursday, September 12, 2013

Oops, forgot to publish one!

Coach gave me a free run today. I say "gave" because it felt like a gift. A reminder to go out and enjoy myself. The spider webs and horse flies did their best to keep things angry but I managed to avoid a huge spider and even killed three horse flies. So I guess I had it coming.

Anyway, things went okay. I wanted to go faster but I knew I needed to do just what Coach told me and dial things back a bit and have fun. So no HRM and even though I wore a watch, I didn't use it as a time keeper. Instead I started RunKeeper on my phone then tucked it away to ignore it. I checked it halfway through and then again near the end. I wanted to keep things close to the 1:05 in the plan but didn't want to pay attention to how far I went. And I'm glad I didn't. I was a bit depressed when I saw I barely went three miles. Way slower than I wanted but I feel like I accomplished what was in the plan. I recorded a podcast, took some pictures, and posted a Vine. And took plenty of walking breaks. And a few stopping breaks to kill horse flies. And a few stopping breaks to wipe the spiderwebs off my face. So all in all, not too bad of a workout.

Photos:
The shape of the beach always changes.




This was the massive spider I avoided (thankfully). I'm sure I'll have nightmares about it tonight. Hard to tell, but it was easily the size of a quarter.



Weather:
Temps were about 80F to 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out but the sky was mostly cloudy. There was a breeze but I only felt it on the river bank.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt with granola and some iced coffee. During the run I had just water. Recovery was a breakfast sandwich and an iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt but my back is a bit tight. I think I've been sitting too much at work. Some foam rolling should held that.

Gear:
Took my hydration pack today to give the hands a rest. This means I also took along some toilet paper, Body Glide, and chap stick. Also took my voice recorder. Aside from that, nothing else special.

Experiment:
Took my knife and cell phone. Both rode easily in the hydration pack without any issues.

Splits:
Finish - 55:27

No comments: