Thursday, September 26, 2013

Beep Beep Motherfucker

This was an annoying run this morning. I tried to do it like I was told but with 15 minutes left I realized I made a mistake. Instead of setting my interval timer to 17 minutes in Zone 2 and 3 minutes in Zone 3, I set it to 17 hours in Zone 2 and who knows how long in Zone 3. Which means I pretty much ran in Zone 2 the entire time. Or at least I tried to. The damn watch kept beeping at me and pissing me off. Too high, too low, gah!

Anyway, I know I got my heart rate up a few times. Once I moved a railroad tie, once I desperately swatted at a horsefly, and once I desperately tried to run away from a horsefly. Guess it was better than nothing.

I'm sure there was other stuff that I should mention but that was the core of the run.

Weather:
Temps were about 60F to 65F. Sun was out. Barely any wind in the trees. No humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water, a bottle of Hammer Fizz, and a small packet of applesauce. Recovery was a burger wrap, cheese, and iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt, thankfully. Although the beeping watch was a pain in the ass.

Gear:
No special gear. I did carry a stick for half of the run to knock down the spider webs.

Experiment:
Took my small pepper spray and it was fine.

Splits:
Section 1 Outbound - 9:26 (AVG HR 140)
Section 1 Inbound - 10:53 (AVG HR 143)
Section 2 Outbound - 33:36 (AVG HR 147)
Section 2 Inbound - 31:10 (AVG HR 143)
Finish - 1:25:06
AVG HR - 144
MAX HR - 176
MIN HR - 85

No comments: