Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Skin Suit

Skin Suit:
Actually got my ass out of bed and onto the road this morning. It didn't feel great but I'm glad I at least got outside and got moving. The run was fairly uneventful as usual but a few highlights included a small but dead copperhead, a dead frog, and a turtle skimming the bottom of the creek. I also recorded another podcast episode in the hopes of getting back to a regular schedule of one a week. Ran past some construction workers who were nice enough to wave. Every car that went by was also nice enough to wave which felt good.

Beyond that, things were ho-hum.

Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Humidity was very high. No sun and all clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run meal was yogurt and some iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was more coffee, Hammer Recoverite, flaxseed waffles, bacon, and an egg.

Aches and Pains:
My right knee was still a little upset but nothing too bad. My right hip was also giving some anger pains but again, nothing too bad. Stomach is still growly but is gradually settling.

Gear:
Wore my Saucony tri-top. Which is pretty much a skin suit for my fat gut. And while I love that the zipper goes way down, it's pretty damn dangerous to zip back up when you have a hairy chest. Also took along my voice recorder.

Experiment:
Took my small pepper spray. Wanted to take the large one but it seemed a bit too large for the pocket in my tri-top. Rode well and didn't cause problems. Also took my phone for music but had it wrapped in a plastic newspaper bag in case in rained.

Splits:
Outbound - 22:25
Inbound - 22:02
Finish - 44:28

No comments: