Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Skin Suit

Skin Suit:
Actually got my ass out of bed and onto the road this morning. It didn't feel great but I'm glad I at least got outside and got moving. The run was fairly uneventful as usual but a few highlights included a small but dead copperhead, a dead frog, and a turtle skimming the bottom of the creek. I also recorded another podcast episode in the hopes of getting back to a regular schedule of one a week. Ran past some construction workers who were nice enough to wave. Every car that went by was also nice enough to wave which felt good.

Beyond that, things were ho-hum.

Temps were about 70F. Humidity was very high. No sun and all clouds.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run meal was yogurt and some iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was more coffee, Hammer Recoverite, flaxseed waffles, bacon, and an egg.

Aches and Pains:
My right knee was still a little upset but nothing too bad. My right hip was also giving some anger pains but again, nothing too bad. Stomach is still growly but is gradually settling.

Wore my Saucony tri-top. Which is pretty much a skin suit for my fat gut. And while I love that the zipper goes way down, it's pretty damn dangerous to zip back up when you have a hairy chest. Also took along my voice recorder.

Took my small pepper spray. Wanted to take the large one but it seemed a bit too large for the pocket in my tri-top. Rode well and didn't cause problems. Also took my phone for music but had it wrapped in a plastic newspaper bag in case in rained.

Outbound - 22:25
Inbound - 22:02
Finish - 44:28

No comments: