Friday, May 17, 2013

Just a short run

Not the best run but I managed to NOT get lost like yesterday. Of course by the time I got home I heard from my wife that if I had continued on and done my normal route, I would have come across a car accident. It was nice that she worried about me but I'm more happy about not being in the accident.

My stride felt a bit wonky the whole time. Going uphill felt more "right" as I could feel myself finding a nice tempo with a short stride and great foot plant. I just didn't have the stamina to keep it up. If you know what I mean. I also had to dodge a few cars along the way. Once was a bus which I did more out of kindness than necessity. Bus drivers have a shitty job so I did my best to make it easier. Second time was two cars coming in opposite directions so I just bailed out onto somebody's yard. Turns out they have poor drainage near their ditch and I nearly lost my shoe in the soft turf.

Temps were about 65F. Humidity was moderate. No wind. Sun was out in full.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and part of an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite, flax seed waffles, an egg, and some ham. Oh, and the rest of my coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Right knee was flaring up a bit but still no major pain. I think I'm just hyper-sensitive to it right now. Left quad and hamstring was also feeling tweaky. No idea why. Lower back was also tight but that's pretty normal based on how I sleep.

Wore my little waist belt so I could carry my phone and listen to some tunes. I've confirmed yet again that animals, especially dogs, do not like to listen to Eminem.

Took my knife and phone. Phone was mostly for music. Knife fit well on my waist belt but periodically dangled a bit too far and would slap my junk. A bit uncomfortable.

Outbound - 11:09 (downhill)
Inbound - 12:20 (uphill)
Finish - 23:29

No comments: