Thursday, May 09, 2013

Gunning It

Gunning It:
Just a short run today with a few walking breaks. Wanted to make sure my knee wasn't too jacked up from the weekend. Turns out, it's still jacked up but not quite as bad as I thought. It still hurts but my pain level is lower now that I've stretched things out and flushed the gunk from the muscles. I'm thinking I need to do some weights or flexibility training or something to make my training a bit more dynamic.


Photos:

My shorts.


My gun.


Tent worms.


Weather:
Temps were about 60F. Humidity was mild. Sun came and went with plenty of clouds in the skies. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite followed later by lunch.

Aches and Pains:
Shins, right knee, ankles, calves, and quads hurt. Nothing hurt too bad but I could still feel it. Everything else was fine.

Gear:
Most of the interesting info will be in the next section but I wore a long sleeve shirt, buff, and my Sniper (c) shorts from T-Star Running.

Experiment:
Took my S&W 380 out for the first time today. Fit nicely in both side pockets of my shorts but rode better in the top pocket. Didn't jiggle and wiggle as much as the bottom pocket. And since I took my gun, i also had to take ID which was a pain but easily doable with the extra pockets. Also took my cell phone but that was mostly for photos and music.

Splits:
Outbound - 9:25
Inbound - 9:45
Finish - 19:10

No comments: