Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Has Sprung

Spring Has Sprung:
First run post @LWMtnUltraRun and it felt decent. My quads, hamstrings, and calves were still stiff and sore but I survived. Nothing too exciting along the way, just a pretty boring run. There have been a few reports of loose dogs but I saw nothing in the area that would be a cause for concern.


Photos:







Weather:
Temps started around 45F but warmed to 50F. The sun was out in full. Minor humidity. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was more coffee and a burrito.

Aches and Pains:
Other than sore legs, none really.

Gear:
Took along my phone, GoPro, voice recorder, and a few other things. Wore my new T-Star Running Sniper shorts. Once I got them cinched up tight, they didn't fall down. Wore a long sleeve shirt that got a little too warm at the end. Also wore a gaiter as ear warmers but eventually took it off after the halfway point.

Experiment:
Took my large pepper spray and my knife. They traveled awesomely in my Sniper shorts and were easily accessible.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:56
Mile 2 - 14:17
Mile 3 - 14:00
Finish - 41:15

2 comments:

Lauren said...

Those trails really look beautiful! Next time I'm on the east coast, I'm running 'em. ps. I've never been past E. St. Louis :{ But a girl can dream.

Neil Richard said...

If you do come east, I'll find you a place to stay and a race to run. But be warned, the trails may be a bit flatter around here.