Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Spring Has Sprung

Spring Has Sprung:
First run post @LWMtnUltraRun and it felt decent. My quads, hamstrings, and calves were still stiff and sore but I survived. Nothing too exciting along the way, just a pretty boring run. There have been a few reports of loose dogs but I saw nothing in the area that would be a cause for concern.


Temps started around 45F but warmed to 50F. The sun was out in full. Minor humidity. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of water. Recovery was more coffee and a burrito.

Aches and Pains:
Other than sore legs, none really.

Took along my phone, GoPro, voice recorder, and a few other things. Wore my new T-Star Running Sniper shorts. Once I got them cinched up tight, they didn't fall down. Wore a long sleeve shirt that got a little too warm at the end. Also wore a gaiter as ear warmers but eventually took it off after the halfway point.

Took my large pepper spray and my knife. They traveled awesomely in my Sniper shorts and were easily accessible.

Mile 1 - 12:56
Mile 2 - 14:17
Mile 3 - 14:00
Finish - 41:15


Lauren said...

Those trails really look beautiful! Next time I'm on the east coast, I'm running 'em. ps. I've never been past E. St. Louis :{ But a girl can dream.

Neil Richard said...

If you do come east, I'll find you a place to stay and a race to run. But be warned, the trails may be a bit flatter around here.