Monday, April 08, 2013

Rough

Rough:
Just a short run this morning. Slow and rough. Kind of like a lot of things in my life. Anyway, I posted new signs at three of the most popular trail heads and have another sign in the queue, ready to go. Never would have thought I'd be able to run a trail with a staple gun and signs in my pack but I was. A little uncomfortable but doable.

Photos:

Pretty flowers.


Scary frog.


New signs.


Weather:
Temps were about 55F at the start. No wind. Sun was out. Low humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run was yogurt and water. During the run was a bottle of plain water. Recovery was a healthy burrito and iced coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Outside of my left calf hurt. Almost felt like shin splints but wasn't in the usual spot. Outside of that, I just felt fat and slow.

Gear:
Wore a thermal top with t-shirt but ended up being over dressed. Guess I'll call it heat training. Wore T-Star shorts, my buff, and my hydration pack (filled with signage tools, not water).

Experiment:
Since I forgot my usual items, I opted to use my cell phone for this one. Felt way under-powered but at least I could have called the cops if I needed to.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:09
Mile 2 - 16:46 (includes hanging new signs)
Mile 3 - 14:14 (felt way too tired)
Finish - 43:10

No comments: