Tuesday, April 16, 2013


Very distracted run this morning. Had a lot on my mind as I'm sure many other runners out there today. And while I could go on and on about my thoughts on Boston, nothing I say will be new or unique. It's already been said. Nothing I say will make a difference. It's already been done.

Went out to only Mile 3.5 because I just wasn't feeling it this morning. And I wanted to run on the other side of Comorn just to check out the trail. So I turned around and ran to Mile 4.5 before heading back to the parking lot. Nothing too exciting on the trail but I did manage to find a spike. I transplanted it to a safer spot instead of leaving it in the middle of the trail.


An odd purple leaf I spotted along the trail.

Temps were about 55F at the start and maybe 60F at the finish. There was a touch of sun but it was mostly cloudy and overcast. No wind. Humidity was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and part of an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of watered down Hammer Fizz. Recovery was an iced latte and an apple fritter. Yay for healthy food!

Aches and Pains:

Wore tights, long sleeve shirt, and my buff. Took along my GoPro but only took one photo.

Took along my small pepper spray. I've found that it fits great when tucked under the bottom seam of my tights.

Mile 1 - 13:22
Mile 2 - 13:21
Finish - 26:44

No comments: