Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Distracted

Distracted:
Very distracted run this morning. Had a lot on my mind as I'm sure many other runners out there today. And while I could go on and on about my thoughts on Boston, nothing I say will be new or unique. It's already been said. Nothing I say will make a difference. It's already been done.

Went out to only Mile 3.5 because I just wasn't feeling it this morning. And I wanted to run on the other side of Comorn just to check out the trail. So I turned around and ran to Mile 4.5 before heading back to the parking lot. Nothing too exciting on the trail but I did manage to find a spike. I transplanted it to a safer spot instead of leaving it in the middle of the trail.

Photos:

An odd purple leaf I spotted along the trail.


Weather:
Temps were about 55F at the start and maybe 60F at the finish. There was a touch of sun but it was mostly cloudy and overcast. No wind. Humidity was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and part of an iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of watered down Hammer Fizz. Recovery was an iced latte and an apple fritter. Yay for healthy food!

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore tights, long sleeve shirt, and my buff. Took along my GoPro but only took one photo.

Experiment:
Took along my small pepper spray. I've found that it fits great when tucked under the bottom seam of my tights.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 13:22
Mile 2 - 13:21
Finish - 26:44

No comments: