Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Sexy Scumbags

Report:
I know it was a slow run but I spent some time clearing the larger branches from the trail as well as taking photos. And I even stopped to do some tame bushwhacking to go look at a beaver dam. Dam was it a big dam. At the turn around point I did a bit more bushwhacking down a very slippery slope and saw an even bigger dam. Crazy animals.

Anyway, as a whole, the run was uneventful as usual however the beaver activity made it pretty exciting. Not to mention the signs of increased sexual activity. Really pisses me off that people are using the trail for that.





Weather:
Temps were about 37F. Light rain was falling. Overcast skies. Very light breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run meal was yogurt and iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz and half a bottle of plain water. Recovery was breakfast burrito, iced latte, and toast.

Aches and Pains:
None. Although I did take a branch to the eyes it was small enough to not scratch me.

Gear:
Wore my Brooks rain jacket, long sleeve shirt, and thermal shirt. Wore shorts with pants. Wore gaiters, hat, and gloves. Also took my GoPro for pictures.

Codename - Sexy Scumbags
I have no issue with people getting it on. And while I may not go ape shit over it happening on my trail, what really grinds my gears is the trash they leave behind. I mean, be a man and clean up after yourself. I'm glad you're practicing safe sex and all but it's not good for the environment to leave that shit on the ground.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:52
Mile 2 - 17:01
Mile 3 - 15:56
Mile 4 - 12:22
Finish - 58:13

2 comments:

Lauren said...

In all my trail running, I have never seen evidence of sexual activity on the trail. Why is that? Not that I'm hoping for it. The trash would kinda freak me out. It's just so bizarre to me. You would think they'd just park and "do it" in their car. LOL

Neil Richard said...

I think they did park and do it in their car. The evidence was found in the parking lot. But yeah, bizarre and freaky.