Monday, January 14, 2013

Ball Gown Gloves

Report:
Felt super sluggish for the second half but I was happy to be able to breath not only in general but especially through my nose. Ahhh..... The run itself was fairly uneventful. Just down the hill, up the hill, and back again. The swamp looked in good shape but I'm still concerned about the damn bridge. Makes me nervous to run over (not to mention drive over it). You never realize how important a bridge is until you get an up close view of how raggedy the asphalt-on-wood is when you're on foot. Outside of that, pretty tame run.




Weather:
Temps were about 55F with cloudy skies and a threat of rain. It rained this morning but didn't rain during the run. The roads were still wet though and it felt humid. There was also a slight breeze to cool things off a bit.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, iced coffee, toast, and a breakfast burrito. During the run, right before lunch, I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was Hammer Soy mixed with water (it calls for milk but we had none) and some chips with guacamole.

Aches and Pains:
My shins really hurt when I finished. Guess that happens when you don't run for a month. My sinus infection also appears to have cleared up. ::knocks on wood::

Gear:
Wore my T-Star shorts, a t-shirt, arm sleeves, gloves, and a hat. Also took my GoPro for photos. My arm sleeves eventually got rolled down to look like ball gown gloves.

Codename - Ball Gown Gloves
You read that right. I was nervous that passing drivers would think I'm wearing my wife's fancy gloves. Not that she has fancy gloves. But that's what I thought about. I also tried to get more selfies but my timing was off a bit.

Splits:
Outbound - 14:45
Inbound - 16:16
Finish - 31:01

No comments: