Friday, January 25, 2013

Holy Balls Batman

Report:
My plan was to go out for a nut sack run but I ended up pulling a Lance and only doing one nut. Before you snarf your coffee, let me explain. There's a trail that I usually run as a lollipop but there's two lollipops to choose from. Today I wanted to do both of them but instead of running all the way to the end of the "stick," I just wanted to run both "pop" parts and the "stick" part once. Well, may not make sense to you but it makes sense to me.

Well, turns out my plans didn't work. The snow on the trail totally kicked my ass. Actually, it kicked me in the balls then kicked my ass. Thus, my title for today's run. I wore my snow cleats again (brand name is Snowtrax) and they sucked pretty bad. Well, not pretty bad, but badly enough that I ditched them near the end of the run and just ran normally. I also think they may be part of the reason my ass cheeks are hurting. My glutes do not like the snow.

So, let's see, ass cheeks, nuts, what's left? Oh yeah, crabs. My son always wants me to look for sea shells on the shore when I run at the park but I rarely do because I don't want to bring the smelly things home. Well, today, I saw a crab. Frozen. Not sure if I felt sorry for him for freezing of happy for him escaping the steamer.










Weather:
Temps were 20F to 25F. Wind was light. Sun was out but mostly blocked by haze. About an inch or two of snow on the ground.

Fluids and Fuel:
Pre-run was just a glass of water. During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz and some water from my hydration pack. Also took a Hammer Gel around the halfway point. Recovery was a burrito, hash browns, and iced latte.

Aches and Pains:
My snow cleats felt a little funny but they didn't hurt. My ass cheeks (my glutes) did hurt after a mile or two. They hurt a bit after yesterday's run in the snow too but not much. Beyond that, nothing really hurt.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, and my North Face pants again. Wore gaiters and snow cleats. Wore gloves, hat, and neck gaiter. Wore thermal shirt, long sleeve shirt, and a wind breaker.

Codename - Holy Balls Batman
The snow was light and powdery but it kicked my ass today. I stumbled all over the place because I couldn't see where I was going. Rocks, roots, and soft leaves were hiding for me under every step. Never knew what was going to happen!

Splits:
To hell with splits today. It was slow as shit. Mostly because I took a really long break to write my name in the snow, text my wife, and eat a Hammer Gel.
Finish - 1:00:00

No comments: