Wednesday, January 04, 2012

Ruez Underwear

Ruez. I can't even get the little funny dots over the U. I wonder if that's because your grapes aren't supposed to do that? Honest, I'll try to keep this review as clean as possible but there's only so much I can do.

That being said, I actually like these underwear. Well, the boy-short model I like. The bikini brief model doesn't quite fit my needs. What makes these underwear special? Aside from the pouch, I don't think anything makes them special. A pouch you say? Yes. For your junk. Your banana and prunes go in there. Or grapes if you're like me. While their site doesn't have a great picture of how things are designed to fit into the pouch, it's pretty easy to figure out. Imagine putting on a pair of regular boxers. You know that slit in the front where stuff can come out? Make the hole larger, then attach a piece of fabric in front of that to keep things from flopping around like bunny ears. Oh, and make the whole thing out of a nice, performance-type fabric that will wick away moisture.

My clean drawers in my drawer's drawer:



I know, I know, I'm not describing it very well. But be at peace because I'm sure as hell not posting a photo of me modeling how they work. Not even how they look on me. If you want to know what they look like or want to get an idea of how they work, check out their site. I'm sure a little imagination is all it will take to fill in the blanks. And their pouch.

As for their fit, I'm about a 36 or 38 waist and average sized everywhere else as far as I can tell. I ordered the larges and they fit just fine. I got one of each model and like I said before, the bikini briefs felt odd. I think it's because I haven't worn that style of underwear in ages. Plus they leave things open to chafing. The boy short model fit great and I had no chafing issues.

After a run:


Oh, and for the more delicate things stored in the pouch? It feels bizarre, but after a few runs in them it'll feel normal. The hardest thing to adjust to after the funny feeling is how to access your equipment when you need to go to the bathroom. I still struggle with it sometimes. But they keep things warm and while things shrink in the winter, things didn't shrink nearly as much as they do when I wore the Ruez. In other words, they kept my grapes from freezing. And there was no chafing in that area.

Overall, I'd say they're overpriced but they work. So maybe put them on your wish list or save up and buy a pair for races. I doubt I'll buy anymore unless the price goes down. In the meantime, I'll survive by using hand warmers and socks if I need to stay extra-warm.

No comments: