Monday, October 22, 2007

Wow, a late night post!

And during Heroes too (sacrilege I know!).

Weekend Report
Anyway, here's the weekend report. I didn't get to accomplish everything on my list (which consisted of emptying the gas can into my car and raking leaves). But I did get the leaves raked. Well, some for them anyway. There's a statewide burn ban, so I couldn't do anything with them except put them in a box and leave in the back by the shed. Elizabeth also got a surprise from one of Yvonne's friends. A new playhouse! She was so excited when we got home from getting groceries, she made me run outside and put it together. What a nut.

And of course there was the standard grocery run to Wal-Mart. Yuck. But I did pick up a new Fiskars rake at Lowe's. It has a small head to get in between plants in the flower bed. Works great.

And the Steelers lost Sunday night. El Sucko. And we discovered that something is leaking under the sink. Major El Sucko. And a good friend found out he may be out of a job in two weeks. Colonel El Sucko.

But, the good news on my end....Saturday evening. It was one of those things that you experience that is so hard to describe. I was actually nearly brought to tears. The sky was clear except for a few puffy, white clouds. It was such a vibrant blue it almost hurt to look at. The leaves on the trees were turning shades of brown and orange and red. Some were lightly falling in the breeze like snowflakes. The breeze was gently blowing making those leaves still holding on rustle about.

Anyway, it was nice. I just wish I could bottle it up and keep it like that so I could sit on the porch everyday and read.

Heroes
So what the heck does Parkman's dad know? Oh, he's evil. Locking them in the dream room. And what's up with the new girl chasing Peter? And I do like the new girl who learns things from TV. She's much better than the teenage boy who flys. Not very original there. And I miss DL. Can't beat walking through walls!

Everything Else
School is progressing along at the moment. Chuck is still a good show, I just wish I could watch it more. CSI is going south. Miami is boring watching Horatio's son. Vegas is boring with Sara on swing shift. Only New York is interesting with the 333 caller. NCIS started good, but I'm not sure where it will end up. I tried to make some salsa (with the help of my mother-in-law's recipe) and ended up making something with way too much cilantro and way too little tomatoes. Hopefully the next batch will be better. I'd really like to buy a pick-up or SUV. I've decided (awhile ago) that any car we buy will be used. After two sets of brand new cars, I've learned that they do nothing but lose value. Not a good use of your money when you're still paying for it. I'd like to get something that takes E85, despite the fact that there are no E85 stations around here.

Well, that's all for now. I still have Heroes and CSI Miami to watch and some more of A Meeting at Corvallis to read.

2 comments:

Paul Abbamondi said...

I thought last night's episode of Heroes was the first interesting one. Nightmare Man has a fun ability, and Nikki got tasered. Really, that's all I needed to see.

Neil Richard said...

See, I was happy to see Bob get tossed around. Never did like him since he was in Deadwood.

And is Nikki really looking for help? Or is she just playing the company for a fool?

And why can't there be more Hiro? I love him!