Monday, November 04, 2013

I See Dead Deer

I did not want this run. I did not want to do this run. I do not like green eggs but I do like ham. This run was cut short by my apathy. I just didn't feel like running and something just didn't feel right about running. But I quelled the negative voices as much as I could manage and somehow talked myself into running an extra ten minutes on my out and back to hit the 40 minute mark before I finally turned around. I was surprised I made it that far. I wanted to turn around at the 30 minute mark so I guess I did pretty good in that respect.

Along the way, I saw a flock of vultures feasting on a dead deer. It smelled pretty bad but thankfully I only had to pass it twice. Beyond that, things were pretty quiet. Until I heard a low flying helicopter behind, turned around to look at it, and was surprised to see the Eye of Sauron looking down upon me. Actually it was the sun with a rainbow halo but it looked like a giant eye to me.

Vine:


Photos:


Weather:
Temps were about 40F to 45F. The sun was out and there was no humidity. Winds were moderate at about 20 mph.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was two eggs, two waffles, two slices of bacon, yogurt, and coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and an applesauce pouch at the 30 minute mark. Recovery was lobster bisque, salad, and Hammer Recoverite.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing to speak of.

Gear:
Wore shorts, pants, thermal top, long sleeve shirt, winter hat, gloves, and a buff.

Heart Rate:
My heart rate was right up there with my apathy; way too high. Tried to mitigate it as best as I could but it just wasn't working.

Splits:
Outbound - 40:04 (AVG HR 146)
Inbound - 41:04 (AVG HR 154)
Finish - 1:21:08
MIN HR - 99
AVG HR - 150
MAX HR - 174

No comments: