Friday, November 22, 2013

Hidden Cemetery

This run sucked. Two minutes after starting, I was fighting the urge to turn around and quit. I really wanted a shower and a nap. But I stuck it out. Only to have a constant fight on my hands with my heart rate. I was aiming for the 140s but struggled to keep it in the 150s. It felt like every time I looked down, I was in the 160s. Even when I was walking. Or going down hill. It sucked.

Then there's the State Conservation officer that drove by me. I tried flagging him down to ask him questions about the dead deer I saw earlier and about racoons and coyotes but he just kept driving. Guess he thought I was waving and not waving him down. Oh well.

Almost forgot to mention, I found a hidden cemetery. On the way out I saw some super-bright flowers up on a knoll just off the road. On my way back I went to investigate and sure enough, a small cemetery with maybe 10 graves in it. Kinda neat and kinda creepy.


Photos:

This would be yet another beaver dam (different road than this morning).


And this is the hidden cemetery.


Vine:

 

Weather:
Temps were around 60F. Winds were a bit stronger. Still overcast. Slight increase in humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
During the run I had a bottle of Hammer Fizz. About 15 minutes in I had an apple sauce pouch. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite followed by some nearly vegetarian chili.

Aches and Pains:
My ass hurt from forgetting to put lube on. It wasn't too painful but it was very annoying.

Gear:
Wore the same stuff from this morning but I stripped off the gloves after half a mile. Buff came off for some of the run too.

Splits:
Outbound - 25:59 (AVG HR 150)
Inbound - 27:58 (AVG HR 156)
Finish - 53:27
MIN HR - 111
AVG HR - 153
MAX HR - 185

No comments: