Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Up your nose with a rubber hose

Not the exact time but close enough for now. Went for a short ride to get a latte which is already a habit (the getting a latte part). But it now appears that riding to the local Sheetz has become a habit as well. I barely broke a sweat on the way there and it wasn't until the last big climb on the way back that I felt winded. Maybe I'm finally starting to get used to this riding a bike thing.

I'm always attracted to this sign. Why? Because it has a damn vine growing through the metal post (it's hollow inside) and it comes out the top.

Tried to take a picture of the back of the sign but it turned into a selfie of my nose hairs.

Since some nimrod decided to litter in my yard, I decided to play a joke on him (or her). So if you're missing your fresh-out-of-the-wrapper-coconut-scented-tree-freshener, it's hanging under my ass.

Temps were about 83F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out but it was partly cloudy and a bit hazy. Slight breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the ride I had a bottle of plain water and a little bit of an iced latte. Recovery was the rest of my iced latte and leftover broccoli, meatloaf, and pork chops. I had one mini-brownie for dessert.

Aches and Pains:
I could really feel the muscles in my knees/thighs kicking in. Not sure why but I felt them a lot today. No pain though.

No special gear.

New phone stayed in the cycle jersey just fine, even when coming out of the saddle. Knife worked well holding my cards.

Screw the splits.
Finish - 45:00

No comments: