Monday, July 22, 2013

Off the Wagon

Time is approximate but pretty close. I didn't go out to set any records, just wanted to actually get back on my feet. I seem to have fallen off the "running wagon" and have become drunk with sleeping. That's the best way I can explain it. Almost like a deep depression where you can't get out of bed but without feeling sad.

The run was fairly simple and short. I wasn't really out to set any records but I did feel pretty good about it on the way back. Almost felt like my stride and body movements were coming to me naturally. Maybe it was because I wasn't thinking about it.


Saw some horses along the way.

And a giant caterpillar.

Temps were about 80F. Humidity was moderate. Sun was out in full. Slight breeze.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was blueberry muffins and iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. No recovery since I went straight to the bike.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt, just lots of little aches and a general stiffness.

No special gear but I did remember to use my Mission Skincare sunblock!

Took my new phone (Samsung Galaxy S4) out and put it in my cycle jersey pocket. Turns out it doesn't stay there. Thankfully I have it safely encased in an Otter Box case and it survived the fall to the pavement. Since it wouldn't stay in my shirt, I stuffed it in the back of my shorts. It stayed there pretty well until the return trip when it started to creep down my ass cheek.

I'm not gonna bother with them.
Finish - 29:00

1 comment:

Lauren said...

I so know about drunk with sleeping. I've slept my days away many a times. Good that you got out and ran. Hope the sadness goes away.