Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Another Reverse Brick

Just a nice easy run that went better than expected. I wasn't planning on going so fast but that's just how it worked out. My main goal was to just go out and get a mile or two done on my feet. And that's pretty much all I did.

Photos:
Some pretty blooms on a tree I passed.


And a crazy horse rolling around on his back in the field.


Weather:
Temps were about 75F, sun was out, light wind, and almost no humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, waffles, and iced coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water. No recovery since I went off on my bike shortly after.

Aches and Pains:
A few moments of soreness, but nothing major.

Gear:
Nothing special.

Experiment:
Took my new phone and small pepper spray. Both fit fine in the Sniper short's pockets.

Splits:
Didn't take any.
Finish - 26:22

Nothing too exciting on the ride. Somehow managed to eat my veggie wrap on the way back. Got one and then forgot I didn't have a pocket large enough to carry it back so I had to eat it on the road.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F, sun was out, light wind, and almost no humidity.

Fluids and Fuel:
Drank a bottle of Hammer Fizz on the ride. Recovery was Hammer Recoverite, iced latte, and leftovers.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Nothing special.

Experiment:
Took my new phone and small pepper spray. Both fit fine in the Sniper short's pockets. Also took my knife which also fit well.

Splits:
Transition - 5:45
Outbound - 17:59
Aid Station - 7:24
Inbound - 15:37
Finish - 33:37 (41:01 total time)

1 comment:

Lauren said...

Beautiful flowers. And that is a crazy horse!!