Friday, April 06, 2012

Yesterday's Run - Lackadaisical

Report:
Just a short run today with the group at the Y. I've been neglecting them (and everything else) lately because of tax season but thankfully the end is near. Just a few more days of struggling to keep my sanity.

Today's run was easy and low key. Primary purpose was to give my new hydration pack a test drive. So far, I like it. It fits a bit tighter than my Nathan but doesn't slosh around nearly as much. And with all the gadgets and gizmos and zippers and doodads, I think I'll have enough to keep me busy for awhile.

Anyway, slow run, no pressure, just adding some miles and testing new gear.

Weather:
Temps were 50F to 55F with low humidity and a slight breeze. Cloudy skies and a bit chillier than expected.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was oatmeal, eggs, toast, yogurt, and coffee. During the run, I had my Salomon hydration pack loaded with 1.5 L of water, nothing else. Recovery was chocolate ZICO. Lunch was a salad followed by a dessert of 2 cupcakes.

Aches and Pains:
None really, just felt mentally unmotivated and physically sluggish.

Gear:
Tested my new Salomon hydration pack, the Salomon Advanced Skin S-Lab 5. Initial impressions are positive. Just need to put more miles on it to figure it all out and then I think it'll eventually replace my old Nathan HPL 020.

Codename - Lackadaisical
That word pretty much sums up how I felt during today's run. Kind of like "ho-hum, just do 3 miles and go take a shower." Meh.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:25
Mile 2 - 10:46
Mile 3 - 10:51
Finish - 33:08

No comments: