Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Weathering the Storm-edited-

-edited-Yvonne called and said the roads were getting bad. Glad I did too. The road we live on was pretty scary to drive on.

The other storm that's brewing is the teacher in our county that was not only pushing a student in class, but caught on video doing it.

I don't know what's scarier, that I've not heard about it in the news yet or that I fear the reaction in the community. The teacher was white and the student black. I hate to even consider the issue of race, but I fear it may go in that direction.

Anyway, NCIS is on and I've got a date with a bowl of ice cream.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uuuugh, I hate these kinds of issues, it's one of the reasons why I don't watch or read the news. That will be the first thing that the media will latch on to once it goes out. It won't matter the the student could have been the most rudest, beligerent, rebelious bastard that caused the other students in the class a whole day's were of priceless education.

In my cynical opinion, teacher's don't have an easy job and they are underpaid for it (especially high school teachers). They should be allowed to kick a student out of their classroom, forcibly if they must. I know I'd sign a waver.

~Epheros