Friday, January 05, 2007

Yet another quilt from Mom

I must be catching up for lost time over the holidays.......

I've neglected to post photos of our present from my Mom. She made yet another quilt for us, this time large enough to fit our bed. She made a red one for our wedding, a blue one for our couch (seen in the background here), a Star Wars one for the spare bed (a really great quilt that I can't find photos of at the moment), and now a blue one for our bed. We gave her the measurements and basic patterns we liked and as usual, she added a bit of flare and took a rather vague idea and made something wonderful from it. And of course she made matching pillowcases and bed skirt.

For those interested in getting a quilt done like this, they are expensive. If you're not afraid to spend money on something nice though, check out her site here. She's had several quilts in national and international shows, so she's not an amateur by any means.

Anyway, on with the show of photos!








1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey hey, sorry it's been awhile, I just got Lappy pretty much up to speed, though I do have a few programs to load, i.e., photoshop, Neverwinter Nights, Yahoo music engine, etc.

I hope you had a great Christmas and New year. I liked that you got that bonus DnD Cartoon DVD. That's one hell of a cool boss.

Your mom'm quilt are amazing, if it wasn't for the fact that I prefer my house being a meat locker, I might consider getting a quilt. Though, of course, I could get one for decoration, eh?

I think what I'd like to do is to research and find out what the hardest part about quilt making is and have her do something totally insane, just to challenge her. :-D

Anyway, take care and of course, Happy Winter-een-mas! (Check out the webcomic Ctrl+Alt+Del for more info.)

~Epheros