Saturday, May 07, 2016

Scavenger Hunt Run

As directed by my coach, I went on a scavenger hunt run today. With my daughter.

But today's story starts last night. Despite going to bed early, I wanted to stay up late and watch TV. But there was nothing on TV. So I put the kids in bed and went to read in my own bed. And promptly felt exhausted so I went to be early.

At 8:30pm.

I felt like such an old man. I didn't even do anything yesterday to cause me to feel so tired. Just ran around town getting groceries and shopping for camera gear. So after sleeping half my life away, and half a day away, I got up this morning to groggily get some coffee in me before my run. Elizabeth was still in bed so I prepped to go by myself. She must have felt the vibe and got up. Since she was willing to go with me, I waited.

I have no problem waiting to help her set good habits now. Something I emphasized during our run, that she shouldn't get fat because it's bad.

Anyway, today we had to find a few things. We found them all.

Photos:








Weather:
Temps were about 55F. Sky was overcast but the sun was out here and there. No wind. Some humidity from all the rain.

Fluids and Fuel:
Coffee before the run. Nothing during the run. Recovery was oatmeal and a donut. And more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really. We were going pretty slow though.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, and jacket.

Today's Motivation:
A fun run is always fun. Even more so when your kid wants to go, then thanks you for letting her go when she's done. Of all the mini treasures we found out there, that's my favorite one.

Naughty Neil:
Ate pretty good today. Skimped on lunch (just a banana) but ate decent food the rest of the day. Except maybe the fries and burger for dinner, but they were fresh and well made, so that makes them at least a little healthier.

Splits:
Didn't time the run. Just a mile and a half and that was it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nailed it. Proud Coach right now.