Sunday, May 29, 2016

Memorial Day Luminary Workout

Yesterday's Workout:
Not pictured is all the little stuff I did. Like working on the railing at the rental house. Working in the garage. Working at the pool. You get the idea. But I did stop to take a break for a photo-op with my apprentice for the day. He seems to like my old tractor.


After a long day of work, we cleaned up and went to Fredericksburg for the annual luminary at the National Cemetery. It was way cooler than I expected and I'm so glad the kids got to go (and to learn how to be respectful in a cemetery).









The photos don't do it justice.

Today's Training:
Hot and humid. Welcome to summer in the south. Yuck.

Can't even walk around the house without busting out in body fluids. The only time you feel clean is in the shower. And then as soon as you turn the water off, you start sweating all over again.

That pretty much sums up the past few days around here. Especially today's run. It's my own fault for getting up so late but damn that was a cool dream. How often do you get to chase down the bad guy and be the hero?

The morning was a little touch and go. I was slowly waking up with coffee when my son decided he wanted to ride his bike while I ran. So I waited for him to finish his breakfast. When he finished, he said he didn't want to go. So I was halfway out the door and he changes his mind. And my daughter decides she's going to run with me. Despite just downing a bunch of donuts. But she survived. And so did my son. And so did I.

Weather:
Temps were about 85F. Sun was out with only a few light clouds. Humidity was high.

Fluids and Fuel:
Few sips of coffee before the run. Small bottle of water during the run. Recovery was more coffee and several donuts.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt.

Gear:
Wore shorts and a t-shirt. Shirt came off at the halfway point.

Today's Motivation:
Well, I thought I was going alone but ended up losing my self-prescribed therapy. Instead I decided I was setting a good example for my kids in exercising. We'll just ignore the bad example of the donuts.

Naughty Neil:
Hey, I said we'd ignore the donuts, didn't I?

Splits:
Loop 1 - 17:41
Loop 2 - 17:34
Finish - 35:15

No comments: