Tuesday, January 14, 2014

D-Mark Line

Despite eating rather poorly yesterday on my rest day and not sleeping very well last night, I somehow managed to have a nice training run. I really wanted to crawl back into bed but I knew if I did I likely wouldn't get out again until lunch time. So I poked along and eventually got ready to run and got my rear out the door.

Once on the trail, I was happy to see that most of the rain was light and stayed away until later in the afternoon. I hoofed it down to my planned turnaround point but decided to push things an extra half mile so I'd have a total of one extra mile on the run. Not that much of a big deal but my real goal was to see what was moving around down the trail. Turns out it was probably just a squirrel.

Along the way, I saw pretty much nothing of interest. Nope, wait, I forgot about the loose dogs. They saw me and ran back into the woods so it was really a non-event for me.

Photo:
This is the D-Mark line. Well, half of it. Kinda hard to see but it's a straight line that's cleared.


Weather:
Temps were about 45F at the start and maybe 50F by the end. Sky was overcast and rain was light. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run I had a little coffee. During the run I had a bottle of plain water and an applesauce pouch around the second mile. Recovery was  bacon and cheese sandwich, oatmeal, and a latte.

Aches and Pains:
None really. Felt a little sluggish and winded even though my heart rate was low.

Gear:
Wore two pair of shorts, thermal shirt, short sleeve shirt, gloves, and headband. Carried my knife and that was it.

Heart Rate:
Felt like I was running higher than I actually was. Didn't really get out of Zone 2 until I turned around. Tried to push it the last two miles with an extra focus on the last mile.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 16:49 (AVG HR 127)
Mile 2 - 13:22 (AVG HR 133)
Mile 3 - 13:59 (AVG HR 139)
Mile 4 - 13:17 (AVG HR 143)
Mile 5 - 13:27 (AVG HR 142)
Mile 6 - 12:27 (AVG HR 146)
Mile 7 - 11:45 (AVG HR 152)
Finish - 1:35:08
MIN HR - 100
AVG HR - 140
MAX HR - 168
RHR - 60

No comments: