Friday, July 13, 2012

Pizza Pizza

Report:
After an 11:12 minute break to go to the bathroom, take a Hammer Gel, and swap bottles, I took off on the group run. My one mile warmup felt pretty good and the first mile of this run felt solid. After that, things got hot and a bit rougher. But I managed to take it easy and close hard. While I went out at a very comfortable pace, I knew I'd be taking walking breaks. so as the ladies of the class passed me, I knew I'd be reeling them back in. Sure enough, I was in the lead, got passed by 3 people, and eventually finished first. Not very common for me so I did a little happy dance when I finished. In my head of course.

Weather:
Temps were about 75F to 80F. Wind was light, maybe 10 mph. Sun was out in full. Humidity was moderate to high.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a burrito, yogurt, and iced coffee. After my warm up and before the run I took a Hammer Gel. During the run I had a bottle of luke-warm Hammer Fizz and a bottle of ice water. I finished most of both by the end but liberally applied the ice water to my head, neck, back, chest, and thighs. Recovery was an attempt to like Vita Coca. It sucked compared to ZICO. That was then followed by a salad, iced latte, and a shower.

Aches and Pains:
Had a higher heart rate over the last mile than I wanted but I was pushing to pass the last person in the group to finish first. It was also hot and humid so I was overheating a bit. Outside of that, my feet were hotter than normal thanks to new black shoes.

Gear:
Wore my iPod Shuffle to listen to some music. It helped a lot. Also wore some new shoes, Altra Instincts. But they were black so my feet got a bit warmer than normal.

Codename - Pizza Pizza
Saw a slice of pizza in the middle of the road. Half eaten. And no, I wasn't tempted to eat what was left.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 10:30
Mile 2 - 10:40
Mile 3 - 10:29
Finish - 32:30

No comments: