Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Don't get your panties in a bunch

Report:
Woof, was it hot out there. I knew it would be but I went out anyway. I almost wimped out to do my 6 mile route instead of my 8 mile route but I decided to hang tough. And then I promptly wimped out on the 8 mile route and cut things short. In fact, I probably walked more of this route than ran it. It was just too damn hot out there.

Didn't see too much exciting out on the road. Just some cows, a horse, and a few goats. And some paper towels around a used condom. And half a mile later, a black thong. And I'm not talking about the kind you wear on your feet. At least they were safe.

Trust me, it's hotter than I look.



Weather:
Temps were about 99F with a heat index of 104F. That's right folks, I was a dumbshit to go out in this heat but I did it anyway. Humidity was low but plenty sticky. Wind was light, maybe 10 mph. Sun was out in full with no clouds to be seen.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt and iced coffee. Ran during lunch and only had water leading up to the run. During the run I had my hydration pack with ice water. I also had two Amphipod mini-flasks filled with one scoop each of Hammer Perpeteum and ice water. I also took my EFS flask (vanilla) to test. It worked fine but I noticed no difference in speed, energy, etc. Likely because it was too damn hot. I finished nearly all of my 1.5 liters of water, nearly one of the mini-flasks and about half of the EFS flask. Recovery was a cold shower, fast fan, and a bowl of frosted shredded wheat (Wegmans brand).

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really hurt since I was moving pretty damn slow. I did have to undo the chest straps on the hydration pack since I was finding it hard to breath later in the run. Aside from that, things felt fine.

Gear:
Took my hydration pack, two mini-flasks, and an EFS flask. I also had my iPod Shuffle and cell phone.

Codename - Don't get your panties in a bunch
Well, you heard me, don't get them in a bunch. And if you do, it's probably because you're not wearing a thong.

Splits:
Outbound - 34:57
Inbound - 40:10 (can you tell I slowed down in the heat?)
Finish - 1:15:07

No comments: