Friday, May 11, 2012

Chance

Report:
Managed to get out for a lunch run today. Finished up with work early and left my son with my mom (she's in town for the weekend). The run went well but I had a few chance surprises along the way. More on that later. Overall the run was nice and the weather was awesome. Wind picked up a bit more than I wanted but the temps were cool and the sun was out.

Weather:
Temps were about 65F to 70F. Humidity was low. Sun was out in full. Wind was 5mph to 20mph.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was yogurt, coffee, burrito, and oatmeal. During the run I had two Hammer Gels (one at mile 1 and the other at mile 4) and two bottles (one with ice water and one with Hammer Fizz). Recovery was a bottle of chocolate ZICO followed by leftover meatloaf and potatoes.

Aches and Pains:
Stepped on a few sharp rocks but otherwise felt good. Got a little winded at the end but figured that was due to lack of training.

Gear:
Ran with my iPod so I could listen to some podcasts. Took some pictures on my phone.

Codename - Chance
Right out of the gates, I chanced upon a dead baby turtle. A mile or so later it was a bike rider on a gravel road. Then a die in the road. Like the kind used in Vegas (I had a 5). Then a farm tractor with giant tires. Then a green snake (the little fucker damn near gave me a heart attack and damn near got stepped on). Then a dead baby mouse. Phew!

Splits:
Outbound - 45:59
Inbound - 46:05
Finish - 1:32:04

No comments: