Thursday, February 21, 2008

Weather-edited-

I hate snow, ice, and cold. Maybe hate is a too-strong word, but I certainly have an extreme dislike of winter weather. It looks all nice and pretty, like sugar coated pine trees in a Courier and Ives print, but I'll be damned if I want to spend enough time in it to catch a chill, freeze my ninny-who-whos off, and try to drive with the insane people in it.

So I sit here at -edited- and watch the temperature hover at the freezing point with rain and ice and snow and sleet knocking on my door as I ponder my commute tomorrow afternoon and my intent to finally purchase the TV stand and TV Saturday.

If I'm lucky, I'll either make it to -edited-. But knowing how I trend toward attracting bad luck, it will likely be a sketchy drive to and from -edited- on to make up for those missing and a dash of no TV. Damn. I knew I should have checked the bank account before making that purchase....

3 comments:

Trina said...

Have you visited the We The Robots strip today? You could've written it.

cinda1212 said...

did you really just say "ninny-who-whos"?

my tall, strapping, gun-toting cousin. said 'ninny-who-whos'.

that's hilarious.

Neil Richard said...

Trina - I didn't, but have now and I quite agree. I don't want to be right either.

Cinda - Yes, I said "ninny-who-whos." I was trying to be smarmy, un-crude, and as polite as possible. And guns don't work so well in the cold and wet either.