Friday, September 01, 2017

New Altra Escalantes

BAM!

Run is done. It was long, hilly, and my toes got a little angry. But it's done and it felt great.

Got a haircut then parked at the nearby Starbucks to start my run. Went out, through the college campus, went up a hill, then came back via another hill. I should have known that no self-respecting college hottie would be running so early on a Friday of a long weekend. But I was hopeful. At least the scenery (trees, not boobs) was different. And the hills, damn, they were rough but I knew what I was getting myself into and it was good to conquer them.

As for the rest of the run, pretty uneventful. Made a few un-safe road crossings but only when there was no traffic around. Aside from that, pretty tame out there today.




Photos:




Weather:
Temps were about 65F at the start and warmed to about 75F by the end. Sky was overcast but the sun did try to peek out a few times. Not much wind. Humidity was low.

Fluids and Fuel:
Coffee and a banana before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was, big surprise, Starbucks coffee and steak wraps.

Aches and Pains:
Toes were angry but that was my own fault for not trimming my toenails. After I got home and showered, I hacked them back with a chainsaw to a respectable length. Aside from that, things felt great.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, and visor. First time out in my new Altra Escalantes. They felt great!

Today's Motivation:
I skipped this run yesterday due to timing so I wanted to get it in today. And my timing was just about as perfect as it could be.

Naughty Neil:
Had more applesauce cake with ice cream yesterday but otherwise, I've been doing pretty good.

Splits:
Finish - 1:07:10


*Note - I'm going to try to get back into the habit of posting my training runs on my blog. No promises but I'll at least try.

No comments: