Tuesday, September 26, 2017

Dreary and Weary

Today's run was uplifting. But it all came crashing to an end when I stopped moving for some reason. It was as if my coffee meter was broken and I didn't know I was on empty. So I'm refueling now and I'll be back in on that runner's high soon enough.

Runner's high. Coffee. Like chasing the dragon.

Anyway, today's run was great. Weather was a little lousy with tons of cloud and overcast and a little too warm but it was still decent enough for a trek through the trees. I started out with nothing but some coffee in my belly and a goal to reach the river. I changed my destination mid-stride though and ended up going to a different beach and I'm glad I did. I got to see some different scenery.

Along the way today, I filmed. A lot. Or at least a lot more than normal. I typically don't film while I run because, well, who wants to see all that? Today was more of a gear test and a chance for me to get used to the technical aspects of hauling around a camera and gimbal. Not to mention continuing to move forward along the trail and not trip.

Outside of that, the run was pretty uneventful. Just a typical trail run that was more of a gravel road than a trail.

Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Sky was overcast. No wind. Humidity was low.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run I had coffee. During the run I had plain water. Recovery was two eggs, four sausage, two waffles, and an English muffin. And more coffee.

Aches and Pains:
None.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, hat. Also wore my Nathan hydration vest and packed along my GoPro Karma Grip and an extra camera.

Today's Motivation:
Yesterday was very sunny but very warm. So I stayed inside to beat the heat even though I wanted to run in the sun. Today was gloomy but cooler so I beat feet and enjoyed my time outside.

Naughty Neil:
Doing okay diet wise. Eating right and proportionally but sometimes I just feel the need to have some sour cream and onion potato chips. Even though I don't need them and should have grapes or apple slices instead.

Splits:
Outbound - 31:08
Inbound - 31:12
Finish - 1:02:20 (oddly even splits considering outbound is all downhill and I stopped to film in both directions)

No comments: