Thursday, July 14, 2016

16 Year Anniversary

Today's run was nearly cut short. Repeatedly. It was blazing hot, I missed a few days, and I just wasn't feeling the mood. Not to mention the horse flies were aggressive. I got a quarter mile into the run and just felt blah about everything. Then my dad walked out to the end of his driveway to start his morning walk so I just hung with him and put in a good mile-plus shooting the breeze and shooing horseflies.

After he peeled off when his walk was done I kept going and finished my run. And while I was tempted to quit early, I only had a short quarter mile through enemy territory so I just hustled my butt through the flies and finished.

Weather:
Temps were 80F. Humidity was high. Sky was partly cloudy. No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Nothing before the run. Plain water during the run. Recovery was coffee, two slices of toast, two eggs, and two sausage patties.

Aches and Pains:
Right knee has been hurting some but it didn't hurt during the run. Only ranks a 1 or 2 on the pain scale.

Gear:
Shorts and t-shirt.

Today's Motivation:
None. I took a few days off to recover from some hard work earlier in the week and I seem to still be mentally recovering.

Naughty Neil:
Haven't been eating well the past few days. I'm sure stress has something to do with it. Donuts, fried food, and beef.

Splits:
Loop 1 - 26:29
Loop 2 - 20:30
Finish - 47:00

No comments: