Tuesday, May 12, 2015

I just don't give a

That pretty much summed up my day yesterday. And most of this morning so far. But things are getting better. I'm not sure what the trigger was but something sent me into a downward spiral of a funk. I can see the light at the end of the tunnel, I just don't know if it's a train or a positive attitude.

I'm staying positive as best as I can and hoping it's not a train. Meanwhile I just did what I could yesterday to make it through the day. By the time afternoon rolled around I felt better but still not where I felt I needed to be. Or wanted to be. This morning was a bit of a relapse but I still made it out the door to get my run on. I slogged it around the neighborhood three times do clock in just under the hour planned. Well, it was a 4x1 mile repeats, under an hour, and a warm-up. So as usual I ignored the plan and just went round and round for an hour and then called it quits.

First loop was tepid. Second loop I caught a little heat for looking at my neighbor. Well, it felt like she was giving me the stink eye. And while ploughing her fields wouldn't be a bad thing, it's not like I'm a creep just for looking at you. Although the stink eye may have been because I was listening to Eminem.


Third loop brought a second wind which is just about right. Just as soon as I start to feel normal and get into a groove, my run is over. At least the rain wasn't heavy and added some ambiance and mood lighting to the run.


Weather:
Temps were about 70F. Humidity was high. Winds were light. No sun. Light rain.

Fluids and Fuel:
Before the run was two slices of bacon and half a coffee. During the run was ice water. Recovery was two egg and ham burritos, two slices of toast, and the rest of my coffee.

Aches and Pains:
Figures that I stepped on the only damn piece of sharp gravel out there. Outside of that I felt fine.

Gear:
Wore shorts, t-shirt, and hat. Nothing special.

Today's Motivation:
I wanted to go for a run but I didn't want to go for a run. Hard to explain but there it is.

Naughty Neil:
I didn't eat breakfast yesterday. Ate a salad for lunch. Had a frozen mocha in the afternoon. Topped it off with black bean burritos for dinner. The food was healthy (except the mocha) but my stomach was not happy. By the time the day was over I couldn't trust a fart.

Splits:
Loop 1 - ~18:00
Loop 2 - ~18:00
Loop 3 - ~19:00
Finish - 55:01

No comments: