Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Churn and Burn

Easy recovery run meant plenty of walking. It's the only way I can keep the HR down as directed. But I did pick up the pace here and there just to make sure everything was working and to flush out some soreness.

Run itself was pretty boring. Except I think my TV died. Showing me all sorts of wacky colors which made watching Star Trek a bit disturbing. Felt like the episode was taken over by Andy Warhol so I switched to my Kindle instead.

Weather:
Indoor temps were about 74F (upstairs is 77F but downstairs is cooler).

Fluids and Fuel:
Half a coffee before the run, applesauce and water during the run, and eggs, sausage, and toast as recovery.

Aches and Pains:
More sore than expected from the half. Foam rolled some yesterday because it kept nagging at me. Today seems to be isolated to the quads and hamstrings with the most ache. No real pain though.

Gear:
Shorts and no shirt.

Treadmill:
Time - 53:00
Distance - 2.0 miles
Incline - 3 to 6 (AVG 5)
Speed - 2.0 to 4.0 (AVG 2.4)
Elevation - 570 feet
Entertainment - Star Trek Deep Space Nine

Today's Motivation:
I was tempted to crawl back into bed but managed to throw some clothes on. That gave me the motivation to get on the treadmill. And Star Trek distracted me long enough to get most of my workout in.

Naughty Neil:
Last night I had the last piece of bougatsa from the weekend's Greek festival. Much tastier than the dinner that gave me heartburn. But I did go to bed before 2200 although the thunderstorms kept the kids awake which kept me awake.

Splits:
Finish - 53:00

No comments: