Thursday, March 01, 2007

I'm back, sort of

After spending way too much time getting acquainted with the bathrooms in my house, I seem to have made progress in my recovery. I woke up sick Friday and spent the weekend in misery. Monday I came to work and suffered until I reached my breaking point. So half-way through my scheduled day, I went home. Tuesday I was already scheduled off since Yvonne was going to a conference in Richmond and I was baby-sitter duty. Made a side trip to the doctor, got a script for Sipro, and started dosing up. Took yesterday off to make sure I had recovered well enough to survive the trip to work, which brings us to today. I'm well enough to be at work, but still not operating at 100%.

In other news, my uncles have been working on scanning and identifying their mom's photo album. I'm hoping to get my first look at the DVD in the next few days.

In reading news, I picked up a couple of Star Wars books yesterday and the first book in S. M. Stirling's latest series (which is actually a continuation of the Island series he did earlier). I didn't enjoy his Conquistador as much as I expected, but I'm hoping this one will do better. And I'm re-reading Dave Duncan's Seventh Sword series (already finished book one and working on book two).

In writing news, well, there is no news. I've written part of the story beyond the events that started this whole ordeal. Yes, it's an ordeal now. And I'm completely lost with it and without it. I know, doesn't make sense, but I'm working on it. I haven't given up on it, which is probably the biggest deal to me at the moment. While I may turn out to be a Harper Lee of writing (as in I write just one book), I can only hope it will be as good as hers.

And to jinx thinks a bit, every time I've written, I've gotten sick. Not a track record I'd like to keep going. So, no progress has been made, but I'm not done. I will NOT let this thing beat me.

In various other news, I don't recall subscribing to this blog's feed, but this interesting post showed up while I was away. Work had a major shake up with 125 people getting a box (as in fired). But only about 20 at my location. Fortunately none in my department. March has started and I'm not sure I was finished with February yet. Elizabeth has a birthday coming up soon (she turns 3) and Yvonne has one a few days later (I won't discuss her age as she will be older than me for the next 6 months).

And that's about it. I've got some bills to pay before my lunch hour is over.

No comments: