Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Sex Begins In The Kitchen Review

Sex Begins In The Kitchen by Dr. Kevin Leman
A review by Neil Richard

Overall Rating = 2.5 out of 5

It’s been so long since I’ve started this book, I’ve forgotten how I heard about it. But if I recall correctly, it was mentioned on a message board or forum for couples in need of counseling. I’m not here to air my personal life out like my dirty socks, so on with the review.

The first thing I noticed about this book was the sheer number of religious references. Being a non-church going agnostic, I didn’t find this very appealing. So if you’re not very Christian like me, look for a different book.

For those that live by the good book or can live with it, then feel free to dive in. Dive in to a book full of common sense. I say common sense because, for me, I didn’t learn anything new. All that was new to me was a different way of saying it.

That being said, I’m not going to deny that this book could be helpful to many people. Of course a swift kick in the ass would help people too. As to couple’s therapy, if you need it, get it. If you think you need it, ask your partner. You don’t need to be married, or to even be a man and woman, to be cleared for couple’s therapy. My advice on this book? Sex doesn’t begin in the kitchen. It begins when you realize what that body part (or parts) is designed to do. From that moment on, it’s a matter of finding the right circumstances.

Neil@TK42ONE.com
©2005 TK42ONE.com Productions

No comments: