Monday, November 14, 2005

Manuscript-Introduction

INTRODUCTION

It is 12:30.  And I have decided to write my manuscript.

I know I don't have anything set in stone and I don't even have a main story line.  I am just hoping it will come to me as I write.  So I am writing.

My first idea is what I call "telescoping."  It is based on the powers of ten.  It starts with one character with a story line.  Then the events in that story become only a part of the next story.  If the first story becomes the beginning of the second story, then the reading will be much simpler.  But the second story will have different people and a larger story.  For example, in the first story someone helps fight a battle.  They, along with the people they helped, win the battle.  That battle then becomes the end of that story and the beginning of the next story.  The next story will briefly introduce the characters from the first story then dismiss them.  The characters from the second story then come into view and the second story has begun.  This can be continued on down the line.

My second idea is to start in the middle of the story.  Sorry no name for this technique.  By starting in the middle of the story line, you can then build upon that story.  Like taking a short story then expanding it.  Where did the characters come from?  How did they get where they are?  What hardships did they find along the way?  What is their background?  Their childhood?  Their parents?  Their schooling?  By taking a simple story, one can expand it into a larger story and eventually an epic.

Next idea is to have the bad guy win.  At least in the beginning.  Then the good guy can win the second time.  But the good guy doesn't always win and things don't always come out the way we want them to.

The next idea, or rather piece of information, is that in movies, the car doesn't start the first time when trying to get away from the bad guy.  And, also in movies, bombs always have wires of different colors so that the good guy knows which one to cut.

Now to start writing my story.  It will start out simple and I will probably babble for awhile.  So just bear with me.

Neil@TK42ONE.com
©2005 TK42ONE.com Productions

No comments: