Tuesday, January 01, 2019

40 Years Ago Today - January 1, 1979

We now enter the most emotional part of my life, my parent's divorce. This will also be the most heavily redacted part of the #40YearsAgoToday Project. With both of my parents alive and still friends, I don't want to jeopardize their willingness to still do what is best for me. I love them both and don't want to bring them any pain by re-opening wounds that have healed fairly well over the last four decades. With that said, let's move on.

According to records, I went with my mother to visit family in Chicago. My father took us to BWI Airport. After arriving in Chicago via TWA, we took the bus to Aunt Diana's house. There was heavy snow. Thanks to my cousin, there are a few photos of me from that trip.

We wouldn't return until January 17, 1979.





4 comments:

John Zeleznik said...

Heh, think of how far "pack and plays" have come. They were little more than cheap metal and snow fencing when we were kids!

Unknown said...

who's in that playpen with you? Anyone I know?

Laurie Brown said...

Laurie Brown: who's in that playpen with you? Anyone I know?

Neil Richard said...

Aunt Laurie - Mom said it was Eric Lester.