Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Will Run For ..... Knives?

I don't think I posted it earlier but I recently ran a local road and found boobs. It was a rough run but the ancient (circa early 1980s) photos of boobs helped me through it. Well, today I ran the same route but found a knife. A nice one. And while it says "Special Forces" I doubt it's actually from Special Forces. But it's still a nice knife. Certainly made the run worth it.

The story of the day today was the heat and humidity. It was so bad I could see the air moving. Not that shimmer you see over the hot roadway in the middle of summer. I'm talking about the humidity in the air being so thick you can see it move through the trees.

I took things slow and didn't expect to break any records. I headed out and did my best to not overheat right off the bat. And even though I considered bailing out soon after I started, I knew I needed to get my miles in. So I stuck with it and finished.

Photos:
Amber waves of grain anyone?


I'm always skittish of twigs because they look like snakes. This was the alligator I saw on my run.


There are three turkeys in this picture. But only one of them is wearing a yellow hat.



Weather:
Temps were 80F to 85F. Humidity was high. Sun was out in full. Wind was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a full breakfast of two eggs (only one yolk though), two slices of toast, and a quarter of an avocado. Forgot about my yogurt but remembered my coffee. How could I forget?! During the run I had a bottle GenUCAN Hydrate that ran out with about half a mile to go.

Aches and Pains:
Have some lingering back/hip/thigh pain from my mini-tri. I think I swim funny. Or maybe I leaned over too much on the bike. Either way, I must have done something to cause it. But it wasn't a major deal and wasn't very noticeable during the run.

Gear:
Wore shorts and t-shirt. Ditched the shirt with a mile or so to go.

Today's Motivation:
Can't say I really had any other than I needed to get my miles in. I didn't feel much pressure to go fast so maybe that helped too.

Naughty Neil:
I've found a new favorite snack. Yogurt covered raisins. They're like candy. And after my run I had my favorite iced latte which is really just chocolate milk with some coffee in it but it was delicious.

Splits:
Outbound - 35:44
Inbound - 36:08
Finish - 1:11:52

No comments: