Friday, June 13, 2014

Preview Run

Ahhh. It feels so good to get out and run again. At least until the horse flies come at you, then screw it, it's time to get the hell out of dodge!

Today's run was a bit of a preview for tomorrow's short fun run on the trail. Wanted to make sure the parking lot was clear and the course had no downed trees. Since everything looked good, I stretched it out to check on my cameras and then headed back to the car.

Along the way I spotted one deer and a million horseflies. And a few mosquitoes. Thankfully on ticks or snakes. Horse flies were brutal in several sections but I managed to take a few of them out with my sticky tape on my hat. Didn't feel like I killed that many but when I checked, I had 22 on there by the end (plus one that somehow ended up in my shirt - didn't find that little fucker until I got home).

Mood was much better today and felt all around pretty good with work, life, and the pending move. Guess that talk last night helped.

Vine:
https://vine.co/v/Mj91ZbH0PJb

Weather:
Temps were about 75F. Humidity was high. Sun was out. Wind was light.

Fluids and Fuel:
Had a tiny bit of coffee before the run. Had scoop and a half of GenUCAN before I started. Ran with a bottle of water (drank about half) and a bottle of Hammer Fizz (finished it). Recovery was a donut and the rest of my coffee. But don't worry, I had a nice, healthy salad for lunch.

Aches and Pains:
Nothing really. Other than those damn horseflies.

Gear:
No new gear. Was happy I remembered the deer fly paper and the bug spray. May need to consider something for my neck so they don't eat me alive back there too.

Heart Rate:
Tried to keep things easy in Zone 2 and managed pretty well until I turned around when I started to get into Zone 3. Since I felt okay, I just stuck with it and didn't change my pace much.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 12:43 (AVG HR 138)
Mile 2 - 16:35 (AVG HR 148) (includes closing and locking an open gate)
Mile 3 - 19:09 (AVG HR 155) (includes camera work and a pee break)
Mile 4 - 12:32 (AVG HR 160)
Mile 5 - 13:11 (AVG HR 156)
Mile 6 - 12:59 (AVG HR 156)
Finish - 1:27:12
AVG HR - 152
MAX HR - 178
MIN HR - 94
RHR - 60

No comments: