Thursday, February 14, 2013

Horse Shit and Wood Smoke

Report:
Woof. This dog is tired. Work is beating the shit out of me. 10 hours here, 12 hours there, I'd rather be running that long just because I know I'll have a reason for sleeping so much.

But enough whinging. I felt tired and slow during the run. My shins were hurting. But I still tried to push it just enough to make it a solid effort. Quality over quantity I guess. My workout "plan" said I needed to do two 1 mile repeats at 10 minute pace. Well, I guess I came close to that. I know my first mile was about 10 minutes but I know my overall pace was pretty even and with a 11:29 average I was clearly over the 10 minute pace mark. Oh well, at least I'm close. Sort of.

Weather:
Temps were about 45F. Winds were light but noticeable. Sun was out with clear skies.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was waffles, yogurt, and iced coffee. During the run I had half a bottle of plain water, a full bottle of Hammer Fizz, and a Hammer Gel at Mile 2. Recovery was left-overs with Hammer Soy.

Aches and Pains:
My shins were hurting but I'm not sure if that's because of the increased mileage, bad form, or better form.

Gear:
Took my camera but didn't take any pictures. Instead I enjoyed the smells. Also took my knife.

Codename - Horse Shit and Wood Smoke
On my outbound leg, I got a nice solid whiff of the local horse stalls. And I didn't mind it at all. Not even on my inbound leg. I also got a nice quarter of a mile within a light cloud of wood smoke. Brought back some great memories.

Splits:
Outbound - 30:24
Inbound - 30:31
Finish - 1:00:55

No comments: