Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Today's Run - Candid Camera




Report:
Very slow run as I spent a lot of time running back and forth in front of the camera. And lugging the camera around also made things go slower too.Beyond that, pretty boring run. Saw some really neat frost and some steam rising off the little pond off the trail. Hope to edit and post the video at some point but work is more pressing.

Weather:
Temps were about 25F to 30F. Even when the sun came up it wasn't that warm. Sky was clear and the sun was out (eventually). No wind.

Fluids and Fuel:
Breakfast was a glass of water. During the run I had a bottle of water and a bottle of Hammer Fizz. Recovery was a small bottle of Ensure followed by a breakfast of eggs, toast, yogurt, and coffee.

Gear:
Wore my Ruez underwear and I'm quickly enjoying them, but not so much the bikini briefs. Think I'll save those for when I wear shorts. Also lugged my camera and Pod around. Awkward. I'll also be formally retiring my Saucony Exodus shoes. I loved them when they worked for me but I'm now officially a full-time minimalist runner. I swear I was running in a pair of high heels out there.

Aches and Pains:
Calves are still stiff but not really painful. Just feel like an old man when I get up to walk around. Beyond that, everything else was fine.

Codename - Candid Camera
Felt bizarre taking video of myself running. A little nervous to watch it but I'm excited to edit it. Assuming anything is usable.

Splits:
Mile 1 - 16:47
Mile 2 - 18:36
Mile 3 - 14:14
Mile 4 - 15:41
Finish - 1:05:20

No comments: