Friday, February 06, 2009

Hello, My Name is Scott Calvin

That's right, I'm going to change my name to Scott Calvin. Or maybe Samuel Carson. Either way, I need to have the initials of "SC" because I swear I'm living in a cross between The Santa Clause and Groundhog Day.

Why?

Because Elizabeth is turning into Charlie Calvin. You know, the kid who wants to re-live Christmas everyday? now don't get me wrong, I'd love to have Christmas everyday. I mean, presents, a day off, great food, who could ask for more? But my daughter takes it a step further.

Point 1 - Since Christmas, she's been listening to a jazz-themed Christmas CD when she goes to bed. Which means when I walk by, it's like getting a taste of Christmas in January. And February.

Point 2 - Last week, she wanted to watch a movie. Which one? White Christmas with Bing Crosby. And she said she wanted to finish watching it the next day.

I know, having two points doesn't exactly make for a strong argument. But I'm telling you, this is not going away anytime soon. I'll keep you posted on any more holiday-themed oddities.

No comments: