Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry who?

That potter kid sure has taken the world by storm. Over 8 million copies sold in a single day? That's crazy talk.

Sure, I started reading about harry back when books 3 and 4 came out. I was even lucky enough to work in a bookstore when 4 (that's the Goblet of Fire) made its debut at midnight. And I've enjoyed reading the series since then. I find it hard to knock any book or series that gives kids (and a nation) a reason to read.

But I'm actually more inclined to re-read The Name of the Wind before I take a crack at the Deathly Hallows. What?! you might exclaim. Well, it's like this. Potter is, well, a kid's book. Kvothe is, well, a kid, but so much more.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Uuuugghhh, I hate school now.. economics is suddenly sooo hard. I thought I had taken all the difficult crap eary on.

Anyway, The Name of the Wind, eh? Sounds interesting, I'll definitely look into it - especially since I'm not an HP fan.

Thanks for recommendation. I'm breaking into Best of the Realms: Elaine Cunningham, because you can't beat the ease and readablilty of short stories. Then, I'll be ready to go with Shadowstorm once it graces the shelves of my bookstores (even though I have it on order from Amazon), I hope it breaks loose a little early.

Afterwards, I have A Clash of Kings, then A Storm of Swords, and finally, A Feast for Crows. I read The Game of Thrones and was wonderfully surprised by the end of the book. And the hook at the end - Holy Crap!!! - there was no way I could not pick up the other books.

After all that, well who knows what I'll read, but at least I know I won't be wanting for stories, I've got one hell of a back log.

Glad you're alright after your misadventure - as some of my friends would say, you failed your dexterity check - I'm just glad that you didn't bust up your back.

Also, doesn't it always feel good to have your child patronize you (yes, unintentionally) for things you chide them about all the time? Aaah, karma - I'll have that with a triple shot espresso please!

:-D

~Epheros Aldor - Apostle of Cale, Disciple of Ghosts